How We Research
We invest in long term, often counterintuitive and high-risk research projects. This work advances understanding in our fields of interest and are valuable to ASAPP’s bold vision of applying machine learning to historically complex problems.
- Our research focuses on our ambitious long-term goals.This vision is guided both by ASAPP's specific product goals as well as the collective scientific vision of our research group
- We treat long-term research projects as a series of smaller steps, each of which can be deployed in live production to give us better understanding of a problem and data for the next steps
- Members of the research group remain academically active. This happens via the publication of scientific results, both positive and negative, and via ongoing and open collaboration with the academic community
- Members are actively encouraged to pursue their own research interests independent of ASAPP's research goals, and to publish their work in leading AI, ML and NLP conferences.
- A diversity of scientific backgrounds, ideas and opinions is critical to our successful research culture and drives the most innovative outcomes for our clients